Are you looking to open up a new bank account? Financial institutions are always looking for new business and offer some of the best bank promotions to lure you into signing up. Back in the day banks used to offer a new toaster, maybe a t-shirt, or the infamous “mystery gift”, nowadays you can land some green. Here is a list of some of the best checking account promotions offered today, banking has never been so enticing.
Special July 4th Bank Promotions! (Updated 11/18/2013)
Financial establishments are getting in on the 4th of July deals with savings, checking and credit card offers.
- Capital One Bank Deal: Capital One is offering $100 sign up bonus when applying for the new Capital One Quicksilver Cash Back Rewards Card. You must have excellent credit and spend $500 in the first 3 months of opening the account.
- Bank of America Promotion(Expired): Bank of America’s July 4th Deal is a great checking account promotion offering up to $250 as a once customers sign up for the Keep the Change Program. The program rounds up all Bank of America debit card purchases to the nearest dollar amount then transfers the difference to a Bank of America savings account.
- Citibank Promotion: Citibank’s bank deal can result in a $100 bonus cash back when customers apply for a Citi Dividend Card and spend $500 in the first three months. This deal expires July 31, 2013. (EXPIRED)
- Salem Five Promotion: Salem Five is offering a $100 Visa Reward Card to new customers who open a new Salem Five Star, Gold Star or eOne Checking account as a primary owner. The account holder must make two direct deposits over $250 each, six online bill pays over $25 each or 20 debit transactions over $5 each within 60 days of opening an account to receive the reward card.
- Sovereign Bank Promotion: Sovereign Bank customers will receive up to a $125 bonus with the Sovereign Goal Savings Account. In order to receive this bank deal, customers must have a Sovereign Checking account open at the time the Interest Bonus is credited. Sovereign Bank customers must also have at least one recurring transfer per month into the Sovereign Goal Savings account from a Sovereign Checking account.
Current Best Bank Account Promotions
1. Chase Checking Account Promotions
The Chase Total Checking Account has one of the best checking account Promotion offers of $150 just for setting up direct deposit. Like other checking account deals you have to deposit $100 into your chase checking account within the first 10 business days of opening the account. The direct deposit must be set up within 60 days of opening the account. To open the account, enter in your email address here to receive a coupon. Then either take the coupon to a local Chase branch or apply for your account online. This offer expires on January 11, 2014.
2. U.S. Bank Promotion — S.T.A.R.T. Program $50-$100 Offer
U.S. Bank has 3 different Package Checking accounts, if you open up either of the three (Silver, Gold or Platinum) — with at least a $25 minimum deposit, linking it to a U.S. Bank savings account of choice and setting up recurring transfers from your chosen checking account to savings account, you can take part in the S.T.A.R.T. Program.
After you save at least $1,000 in your U.S. Bank savings account, you will receive your $50 rewards Visa card promotion. If you are able to keep that $1,000 (or more) in the savings account for a year, U.S. Bank will offer another $50 Rewards Visa Card.
3. PerkStreet Financial Promotion (Perkstreet Financial is No Longer in Business)
In an age of rewards, many banks offer cash back when using their credit/debit cards. PerkStreet Financial is offering 2% cash back on some retail purchases as their bank promotion. Open a checking account and receive the PerkStreet Platinum Debit MasterCard which offers great cash back offers. Shop at retail stores such as Target, Walmart and Best Buy and get 2% cash back! You can also receive 1% cash back on any other purchase using non-PIN purchases. The best part about PerkStreet Financial is you can use your debit card at over 40,000 ATM’s for free along with free online bill pay.
4. PNC Bank Promotion
Who doesn’t like cold hard cash? At PNC Bank when you open a Virtual Wallet Checking Account you will receive $150 in cash! This offer doesn’t last forever, the promotion ends on January 31, 2014, so hurry over and open an account. The requirements for this bank promotion is a direct deposit of $2,000 must be set up within 60 days, and one payment using Online Bill Pay from PNC must be made within 60 days of opening the account. This promotion is only available in select states in the Midwest and East Coast which includes DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MO, NJ, OH, PA, VA, and WA..
5. Citizens Bank Promotion
Do you have a young child under the age of 12? One day your kid is going to attend college and what better way to start saving then with $1,000 bonus for signing up for a CollegeSaver savings account. This savings account is interest bearing, and when your child turns 18 you will receive the $1,000 bonus after following the minimum contributions every month. If you open the account before your child’s 6th birthday you only have to contribute $25 a month till your child is 18. If you open the account before your child’s 12th birthday, you only have to contribute $50 a month till your kids 18th birthday.
6. Capital One 360 Promotion
Capital One 360 is offering a $50 bank promotion for opening up a checking account. The requirements for this promo is you simply have to make three debit card purchases, three Person2Person payments or a combination of the two within the first 45 days of opening the account. On day 50 your $50 bonus will be added to your bank account. This is a great promotion from the bank formally known as ING Direct.
7. Bank of America Promotion (Code Not Working)
Bank of America is offering $100 bonus for new customers who open a checking account with direct deposit. All you have to do is fill out an online application and use the offer code BAW100 before 12/31/2013. Direct deposit must be set up within 90 days of opening the account. Remember you must be a new Bank of America customer , if you have been a BofA customer previous, your account must be closed for at least 3 months.